Thursday 10 April 2014

Taking Time Out: Coventry Cathedral


It’s been pretty quiet here as of late. I’ve just started a new job (which I love) in a marketing and press office, and am writing another essay. I did have loads of lovely things planned for the other weekend when I went home - we were going to go out for lunch, out for dinner, to a pottery, the lot - but alas, that was not meant to be, and we were all struck down with the norovirus instead. It was a horrible time.

Anyway, I feel like I’ve been giving off this vibe recently that I’ve gone off art. I won’t talk to people about it, I haven’t been in a gallery in weeks, I put off writing my MA personal statement for as long as possible etc etc.
I have to confess now though, this is all a massive front and actually I still love everything related to art, culture and heritage.
I needed to have a break from things I think, after the nightmare that was my dissertation. You know, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that…
So I kind of accidentally started nurturing my inner culture vulture once again. I’ve been living in a bit of a bubble recently and I needed to get out of it, so I absent mindedly boarded a bus with the intention of clearing my head, and found myself at Coventry Cathedral.






There's absolutely nothing special about this post whatsoever, I just wanted to write something. This place is beautiful - probably the only good looking thing in the whole of Coventry - and it deserved a little mention.
My friends told me I was getting old when I told them I'd spent my day sitting in the Cathedral ruins, and whilst I kind of agree with them, I do think it did me the world of good to get out and clear my head.
Everyone needs some peace and quiet now and again. Everyone needs a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment